We are experiencing difficulties with the photo images in the Directory and are working on a solution.
Thank you for your patience.
Marquette University Law School, Juris Doctor; Saint Louis University, Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication
Building Blocks of Collaborative Practice Feb 2010; Beyond Building Blocks of Collaborative Practice Sept 2012; Beyond Building Blocks-Sept 2012; 12th Annual Meeting “Are we really listening?” Nov 2012; 1st Annual Family Tax Seminar-Jan 2013; 13th Annual Meeting-Nov 2013; Boomer Divorce-Sept 2014; 14th Annual Meeting-Charting a Course at the Crossroads Nov 2014; 3rd Annual Family Financial & Tax Seminar, Jan 2015; 15th Annual Meeting-Nov 2015; 4th Annual Family Financial & Tax Seminar-Jan 2016
Megann went to law school with the goal of changing the current family law system from an adversarial, high-conflict system to a problem-solving process that seeks to minimize conflict for the best interests of everyone involved, especially children. During law school, Megann discovered the collaborative process and immediately became involved in the Collaborative Family Law Council of WI. Her passion for the collaborative process is evident from her dedication to the Council from her work as Chair of the Public Education Committee to her work as the 2016 Chair of the Council she is determined to spread the word about the collaborative process and continue its growth in the family law system.
Megann focuses her family law practice on collaborative and mediation. She truly believes that the traditional litigation model is detrimental to families and children and she strives to keep conflict low in her all of her cases. Megann is committed to providing high-quality legal services and advice while maintaining a problem-solving and respectful approach.
In addition to her family law practice, Megann also practices in estate planning and elder law, which provide nice complements to her family law practice. In addition to her ability to offer multiple legal perspectives, Megann is able to offer her clients a more streamlined process by helping her divorce clients update or complete their estate plan after the divorce. In addition, Megann often provides representation in divorce cases that involve a spouse with disabilities or long-term care needs due to her elder law expertise.
Awards and Honors
- Kathleen M. Baird Dolphin Award from Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, 2013
- Outstanding Performance and Dedication Award from Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, 2013.
- Rising Star from SuperLawyers in 2015 and 2016.
- Leading Lawyer from M Magazine in 2015.
- Up and Coming Lawyers from Wisconsin Law Journal, 2016.
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin: Chair (2016), Chair Elect (2015), Public Education Committee Chair (2011-2015), Board of Directors (2012-present), member (2009-present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin Family Law Section: Board of Directors (2011-present)