B.S. (U.W. Madison); J.D. (Marquette University
Building Blocks of Collaborative Practice 2001 & 2008; Beyond Building Blocks, Sept 2012
George is a skilled litigation attorney with more than 25 years of courtroom experience representing clients in diverse areas of law with a focus on family law litigation and dispute resolution. George uses a creative and strategic approach to solving legal problems while navigating his clients through the legal system.
With broad experience in all areas of family law, George handles all divorce issues through trial including custody, placement, property division, child support and maintenance in an adverse as well as collaborative process. His cases include divorce, post judgement, paternity, guardianship and other types of family law settlements, trials and appeals. He works closely with psychiatric professionals, guardians ad litem and forensic accountants when working through his cases.
George is an expert at ensuring his clients are fully informed of their legal issues so they can work towards controlling the results and optimizing their goals and objectives. His focus is to avoid the pitfalls of the legal system with particular attention to its effect on children. George takes the time to help his clients work through decisions with long-term stability in mind.
For family law parties seeking alternatives to the legal system of the courtroom, George is a leader in the industry. He is experienced in mediating family law issues outside of the courtroom and has expanded his family law practice to include the collaborative process.
In addition to his family law practice, George handles a diversity of complex financial disputes for clients including business dissolutions and disputes, contract disputes, real estate disputes, intellectual property and personal injury. He regularly works with a broad range of legal specialists and other professionals such as engineering, medical, tax and financial experts.
- Marquette University Law School-J.D., 1991
- University of Wisconsin – Madison-B.S., Philosophy, 1988
MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Admission to the State Bar of Wisconsin
- Admission to the U. S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee County Bar Association
- Waukesha County Bar Association
- Certificate of Completion -U.W. Madison Mediation Training
- Member of Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin
- Member, the Divorce Cooperation Institute
- Member, Justinian Society of Lawyers Board of Directors
- Member, Greek Orthodox Manor
- Member, AHEPA (American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association)